Discipleship classes are held Sunday Morning from 9:15-10:15 AM
They are designed to guide us in our spiritual growth and to train us in our discipleship of Jesus Christ. Based on Ephesians 4:12-15 our desire as a church is to equip the saints so that they may be mature, anchored in biblical truths, and growing up in every way into Christ, in order that they might be built up in love. Our prayer is that of Paul’s, “that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment... and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God” (Philippians 1:9-11).
Classes will run on a quarterly schedule in five tracks of study: Bible, Theology & History, Christian Disciplines, Marriage, Family, & Relationships, and Leadership.
Schedule: September 3 - November 26
- Old Testament: Part 1 - (Teachers: Mike Bauslaugh & Norman Leach)
- Gain an understanding of the storyline of the Old Testament, examining the overarching message that is conveyed in the Scriptures. This class will focus on Genesis through Esther.
- The Doctrine of the Word of God - (Teachers: Chris Pope & Logan Preston)
- This class is devoted to a Christian understanding of the Word of God. How do we know we have the right books? Is the Bible without error and what authority does it have over my life? These questions and more will be tackled in this 12-week course.
- Spiritual Disciplines of the Christian Life - (Teachers: Jim McCallister & Jody Thomas)
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life will guide you through a carefully selected array of Christian disciplines. By illustrating why the disciplines are important, showing how each one will help you grow in godliness, and offering practical suggestions for cultivating them, Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life will provide you with a refreshing opportunity to become more like Christ and grow in character and maturity.
- Parenting - (Teachers: Graves' & Webbs)
- This class will present a big-picture view of God’s plan for us as parents. Outlining fourteen foundational principles centered on the gospel, this class shows that we need more than the latest parenting strategy or list of techniques. Rather, we need the rescuing grace of God—grace that has the power to shape how we view everything we do as parents.
- Evangelism & Missions - (Teachers: Cory Bledsoe & Nathan Hunter)
- Gain an understanding of a biblical philosophy of evangelism and missions, hear of avenues and opportunities at Oak Park, and learn practical tools for sharing the gospel.
We also have a full schedule of classes for the year.
Register for a Class
Registration for the above classes opens Sunday, August 6th.
Complete the registration form or call the church office 812-283-9400.
For more information about our Discipleship Classes please visit the Welcome Center, or contact Kirby O'Brien.