Discipleship classes are held Sunday Morning from 9:15-10:15 AM
They are designed to guide us in our spiritual growth and to train us in our discipleship of Jesus Christ. Based on Ephesians 4:12-15 our desire as a church is to equip the saints so that they may be mature, anchored in biblical truths, and growing up in every way into Christ, in order that they might be built up in love. Our prayer is that of Paul’s, “that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment... and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God” (Philippians 1:9-11).
Classes will run on a quarterly schedule in five tracks of study: Bible, Theology & History, Christian Disciplines, Relationships, and Leadership.
Schedule: March 4 - May 27
- Bible - Old Testament part 2 - (Teachers: Mike Bauslaugh & Norman Leach)
- Gain an understanding of the storyline of the Old Testament, examining the overarching message that is conveyed in the Scriptures. This class will focus on Job through Malachi.
- Theology - Doctrine of God - (Teachers: Nathan Hunter & Logan Preston)
- A study of the Doctrine of God. Join us as we answer questions such as: How do we know God exists? Can we really know God? How is God different from us? How is God like us?
- Christian Disciplines - Biblical Stewardship - (Teachers: David Lewis, Jr. & Michael Britton)
- Through a study of Scripture and Randy Alcorn's book, Managing God's Money, we will seek to develop a biblical understanding of money and possessions along with practical means for stewarding your money for God's glory.
- Relationships - The Fear of Man - (Teachers: Kirby O'Brien & Jody Thomas)"Need people less.
- "Love people more." Explore the biblical principles of how to (and how to help others) overcome peer pressure, codependency, and the fear of man. Join us for a study of Edward Welch's book, When People are Big and God is Small.
- Leadership - Church Leadership - (Teachers: Shane Parker & Gary Yochum)
- Equipping Oak Park Leaders with a biblical philosophy of leadership, an understanding of Oak Park's Philosophy of Ministry, and tools to pour into those they lead.
We also have a full schedule of classes for the year.
Register for a Class
Registration for the above classes opens Sunday, February 4th.
Complete the registration form or call the church office 812-283-9400.
For more information about our Discipleship Classes please visit the Welcome Center, or contact Kirby O'Brien.