Announcements: May 18, 2017
On Sunday, June 11, we will recognize all our graduates for 2017. We don't want to miss anyone so if you have graduated from high school, college or seminary please let Terry Broady know by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 812.283.9400. Please provide the name of the school and what degree you received.
New Discipleship Classes
The fourth quarter Discipleship Classes will start on Sunday, June 4. The classes that will be offered are:
- New Testament II -- Ethan Graves & Norman Leach
- Ecclesiology (The Doctrine of the Church) -- Nathan Hunter & Michael Britton
- Biblical Stewardship -- Kirby O'Brien & David Lewis, Jr.
- Marriage -- The Weavers & the Yochums
- How to Study the Bible -- Cory Bledsoe & Jeremy Sumners
To register, visit oakparkbaptist.com/discipleship or call the church office (812) 283-9400.
VBS Area Leaders Needed
VBS is July 10-13 nightly from 6:30-8:30 pm. Please consider serving in this ministry to both the children of our church and our community. As time nears, we will enlist the help from the entire church in various ways, but for now we are looking for area leaders who will plan daily activities. Contact Joshua Page at 812.283.9400 for ways that you can use your gifts to serve the church.
Lunch and Pie Auction Fundraiser
Please join us, Sunday, June 4, after the worship service, for the Student Pie Auction Fund-Raiser. Each year this event helps us raise funds for our Students to attend summer camp. There are two ways you can help support them:
1) Plan to join us after the service for lunch ($5 per adult, $3 per child 3-10 yrs., free to children 2 and under and a maximum of $20.00 per family).
2) Submit your best pies or cakes to be auctioned off and bid on someone else’s goodies.
Haiti Mission Trip Yard Sale
The Haiti Mission Team is hosting a yard sale on Saturday, June 3 from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm here at the church. You can help in two different ways.
- By donating items (please only donate things that are in good condition). Please contact Dianne Pridgen at email@example.com or call her at (478) 957-7156 to set up a time and place to bring items.
- Come to the yard sale on June 3 and buy something.
More in The Oak Park Blog
January 18, 2018Announcements: January 18, 2018
January 11, 2018Announcements: January 11, 2018
January 9, 2018Walking in Newness of Life through Bible Reading Plans and Scripture Memorization